Monday, September 5, 2011

An Author's Experience at the 2011 AJC-Decatur Book Festival!


I had a fantastic three days at the 2011 AJC-Decatur Festival Labor Day weekend . I met fellow PWP authors Omegia Keys and Tiffany A. Flowers , on Saturday, at the Passionate Writer Publishing Booth on Ponce de Leon in front of Starbucks in Decatur, Georgia.

Fantastic award-winning author Kane had a wonderful booth as he sold many, many copies of his novel, "Aleron". He did a wonderful job with the presentation at the Local Prose Stage at Twains on late Saturday afternoon.

When I went to the authors reception room I had the opportunity to meet a legend in Dr. Elizabeth Nunez. She is currently a professor of Creative Writing at Hunter College in Manhattan. We had a great conversation and then I listened to her presentation on her new book "Boundaries". She is an incredible speaker!

On Friday at the AJC-Decatur Book Festival Writer's Workshops, I attended a session on "Writing Vivid Characters: Details, Dimension and Drive by Jame Lough who teaches at the Savannah College of Art in Savannah, Georgia. It was really informatiive,

It was a inspiritational and rewarding weekend to network and meet some fantastic authors like Jeffery Wells, "The Atlanta Ripper", and legendary author Clyde Edgerton, New York Times Best Selling author Mary Kay Andrews and fantastic author Wendy Wax.

I spoke on Saturday at the "Local Prose Stage" at Twains in Decatur about my National Award Winning novel Ghost of Atlanta. The novel was a 2011 Readers Favorite Gold Winner beating out 80 books in the Fiction-General category.

It was a fantastic literary weekend and with God's Blessing I will have many more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home